I’m guessing that everyone by now has heard of the awesome benefits of the morning lemon drink. If you haven’t then what I’ve got to share might be little but out there. But stick with me cause what you’re going to get from this is awesome…
Now if you’ve heard of this wonderful curtain raiser to your day and have maybe slotted it into your morning routine, then I’ve got a treat for you.
I’m about to share with you how we cranked things up..
So Quick Rehash on Why Lemons…
Lemons are an awesome wake and energising juice full of all kinds of vitamins and with truckloads of benefits…
Here’s a list of a few of the benefits of this gorgeous yellow fruit.
- It Gives Your Immune System a Boost: Lemons are high in vitamin C, which is great for fighting colds, sore throats, and fever. It also helps to prevent the growth and multiplication of bacteria that can cause infections and diseases.
- Cleanses and Detoxifies: Lemon water acts as a liver cleanser by helping detoxification. It purifies and stimulates the liver by encouraging the production of bile, which is required for digestion. It also helps to reduce symptoms of indigestion such as heartburn, burping and bloating.
- Good for Your Skin: the antioxidants in lemon juice help to reduce blemishes, and rejuvenate the skin helping to fight the appearance of aging wrinkles too!
- Balances pH levels: as previously mentioned, although lemons may seem quite acidic, they’re actually a good source of alkaline food that can help to balance your body’s pH. If you drink lemon water on a regular basis, it can decrease the acidity in your body particularly in your stomach, which helps to prevent illness and disease growing.
- Heals and Strengthens: Lemon removes uric acid in your joints, which is one of the main causes of inflammation, while the vitamin C is also an important nutrient in maintaining healthy bones, tissue, and cartilage.
- High in Potassium: which is good for heart health, as well as brain and nerve function.
- Freshens Breath: Lemon juice freshens the breath and can help to relieve toothache and gingivitis. Though if you have any concern about the citric acid eroding tooth enamel, it is best to rinse your mouth out afterwards and wait a while before brushing your teeth. (I have brekkie about 15 mins after my drink and then clean my teeth).
- Gives You an Energy Boost: Leave caffeinated drinks for dust! Lemon juice provides your body with energy when it enters your digestive system, it can also help reduce anxiety and depression. Even the smell of lemons can help brighten your mood and clear your mind.
So basically when you squeeze some lemon juice into a mug of warm water and drink this first thing in the morning, you’re giving yourself an awesome start… right!!
SO HE AMPED THINGS UP A BIT
I’ve been drinking my lemon daily for some time now and been loving it…
To be honest it’s what gets me rocking each day.
The other thing that I love drinking to keep my tummy (gut) bacteria happy, and me healthy is ACV, Apple Cider Vinegar. Check out ACV here….
So one day my hubby, who generally brings me my cup of sun each morning, decided to AMP Things up a bit by adding the two together…
Yep — Lemon and ACV in a mug of warm water…
Shocked… I was for about 10 seconds.. then
The combination really gets things going and when the two combine into warm water it’s an odd but lovely taste of sweet and sour…
Now fair warning this will get your motor running and kick-start a cleansing inside so it’s important to make this part of your routine which needs to include hydration.
Along with my Lemon Sunshine Drink, I also immediately start drinking water in the morning…
Increasing hydration helps you wake-up, re-hydrates you after hours of sleep and also gives your body the fluid to pass it out ‘if you know what I mean”.
An important thing to remember about this morning ritual and the cleansing part. Is that it is only water-based. What I mean by that is that only water-soluble toxins are going to be flushed out.
Fat soluble toxins are likely to be released to be ridden from the body through your liver…
This does require fats to get it out through your morning movement, bowel action.
BUT… you need fat to do this. So don’t forget as part of your brekky to include some good fats like chia, eggs, avocado, olive oil, coconut oil and omega 3 supplement like Krill Oil, so that you can clear these toxins.
HOW TO MAKE MY LEMON SUNSHINE IN THE MORNING
I love lemon drink in the morning to light my fire. Here’s how we make it:
Prep time:5 min | Consumption time: 10 to 15 min
- Mug of fresh filtered warm water
- 1 Tbsp of fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 to 2 tsp of Organic Apple Cider Vinegar or Fire Cider
- Boil fresh water in kettle, leave to stand for at least 5 minutes
- In standard coffee mug add Lemon Juice
- Add Apple Cider Vinegar
- Add cool filtered water to 2/3rd fill the mug
- Top up the mug with warm water from kettle
Ensure that you drink this fully and also consume at least two or more glasses of water. It may make you feel full, so don’t rush into breakfast. It won’t last too long.
Caution: Some people have indicated that the acid in the lemons can negatively impact your teeth enamel. So make sure you fully rinse the lemon & ACV from your mouth once you finished. We suggest that you seek advice from your dentist regarding this potential impact on your teeth at your annual checkup.